The goal of this project is to ensure the environmental sustainability of Indonesia’s aquaculture development while increasing production yet recognizing both socioeconomic and climate change factors.
- Update aquaculture models to reflect any changes in the matrix of species produced and/or production technologies.
- Identify and review viable aquaculture improvements.
- Detail these improved technologies and strategies, and model their influence on emissions.
- Identify the ideal species/production technology matrix and share it with the Indonesian government and other institutions to access viability.
- Produce a final report (available to the public) to initiate similar initiatives in other countries and promote the best technological advancements.
Related sustainable development goals: