A forum to promote and position agriculture at the core of climate change discussions and explore the actions and review the modus operandi of WASAG in order to accelerate the delivery of the Framework and its Partnership on its mandate.
Date: Tuesday-Friday, 7-10 February 2023
Click here to learn more about the event
Following its launch during the UNFCCC’s COP 21, the Global Framework on Water Scarcity in Agriculture (WASAG) has steadily received recognition and mandate to support countries in finding solutions to cope with climate change in agriculture in the face of climate change. Emerging from its foundational years, WASAG held its first international forum with the theme 'Leaving no one behind,' where the partners – under the leadership of the six WASAG working groups – developed and adopted the Praia Commitments.
With the contribution of its 70 partners, WASAG has since developed its strategy for 2021-2024. WASAG is set to further play a greater role in developing collaborative actions as solutions to the increasing challenges posed by climate change and the resulting water scarcity, in order to make agriculture more resilient. The second WASAG international forum, which is again hosted by the Government of Cabo Verde provides the setting for this step.
Objectives of the forum:
- To mobilize political commitment to accelerate strategic actions, including policies and investments for addressing water scarcity in agriculture
- To formulate messages that will raise the profile of water scarcity in agriculture in the climate change dialogues at the forthcoming at the UN Water Conference in March 2023 and UNFCCC COP 28 in November 2023
- To discuss ways of making the partnership more effective and impactful for the implementation of the new WASAG Strategy 2021-2024 and involving all Partners
- To share relevant knowledge and information on key issues and to network and to foster collaboration among partners
- To showcase latest technologies, practices and products in agriculture (through the fair)
Stay up to date with the latest information by following WorldFish and the hashtag #aquaticfoods to join the dialogue on Twitter.
We look forward to your active participation.