An event to showcase the voices and contributions of women researchers and scientists in CGIAR.
Date: Thursday, 11 February 2021
Time: 15:00-16:00 (UTC+8)
Watch the event recording:
On 21 January 2021, CGIAR launched a new Employee-led Resource Group (ERG) called WIRES (Women in Research and Science). The mission of WIRES is to increase the visibility of women research and science professionals by ensuring their voices are heard and contributions recognized.
As part of WorldFish’s strategy to build, connect and empower the inclusivity of women in research and innovation, WorldFish joined CGIAR in their network-wide event to celebrate International Day of Women and Girls in Science Day and featured our dedicated scientists to shed light on women leading innovations in aquatic foods systems for healthy people and planet.
- Gareth Johnstone, Director General, WorldFish
- Shakuntala Thilsted, Research Program Leader, Value Chains and Nutrition, WorldFish
- Rose Komugisha Basiita, Aquaculture and Fish Genetics Scientist, WorldFish
- Jillian Tutuo Wate, Research Fellow, Sustainable Aquaculture, WorldFish
- Nisha Marwaha, Sustainable Aquaculture, WorldFish
- Suresh Rajendran, Project Coordinator, WorldFish
- Tana Lala-Pritchard, Executive Director: Strategy, Innovation and Communications, WorldFish